Monday, April 23, 2012

Water + Food Coloring = One Happy Toddler

Last week was unbelievably warm, I think it was 92 on Monday, so we spent a ton of time outdoors.  Bea loves her new tricycle (more on that in another post) but I also wanted to find some activities for her to do in our backyard.  We hope to have a sandbox in the next few months and eventually a swing set so up until now our backyard playtime has involved a lot of shovels and buckets, which she loves, but I thought it might be fun to add another element.

I can't remember if I read about this particular idea on a post over at Play at Home Mom or if I'm taking several posts and combining them into one, but I know I came up with the general idea through reading about their outdoor play.

I basically used several glass and plastic containers that we had and filled each one with different amounts of water and food coloring.


I also had a few empty containers, a big bowl, and a spray bottle filled with water.  Bea loves to pour and dump anything from one vessel to another so I knew this would be a big hit.





It didn't take long for her to pour everything together so the water was a deep purple/black for most of the time but she loved it.  She must have poured and scooped for over an hour, only stopping every so often to spray the water bottle.

And not to be left out, here's a picture of Charlie enjoying the sun.


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment