Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Breakfast for Bea

I just finished reading Bringing Up Bebe and the chapter on feeding babies and toddlers really struck a cord with me.  I feel like when we first started Bea on solids we did a really good job.  Of course, everything was new and exciting and she would pretty much eat anything we gave her.  Fast forward to around her first birthday and our foodie tot began to slowly become a picky eater.  It didn't happen overnight, which is why I think we started giving in on certain things.  And before I knew it we were having pb&j for every lunch because that's "all she would eat".

I refuse to raise a child that is only content to eat chicken nuggets and pizza.  But I'm also not going to keep these things away from her entirely, I feel like there has to be a happy medium.

I've been linking up with Lauren from with two cats for her Mini Meals series.  This has been a great way for me to gather ideas from other moms and has also given me an extra little push to try new things.  So, here's our latest "new" breakfast, oatmeal.


I chose to use rolled oats and then added a little bit of honey and vanilla.  I topped this with bananas and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  To my amazement, this is what was left


Looks like we have a winner!!!!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment