Here's yet another idea that I found while reading Play At Home Mom.
Basically I cooked up a pound of spaghetti (adding a little canola oil so that it wouldn't stick), drained and cooled it, then separated it into three portions. I took each portion and put it in a plastic food storage bag with a few drops of food coloring and viola, colored spaghetti.
I put out some of Bea's cookware and plates/bowls as well as scissors and measuring cups.
Bea had never used the scissors before (at least that I can remember) so we spent awhile learning how to cut and then she was onto measuring. She spent a good 30-45 minutes measuring out the spaghetti and putting it into pots, pans, tea kettles, etc. Here's the aftermath
She asked to play with her "macaroni" for the next few days until we finally had to throw it out. Super easy and well worth it!