Friday, August 23, 2013

Bath Time Goop

Today was a rainy and humid day.  I had promised Bea that the next time we had a rainy day we would do, what she calls, "bath painting" again.  I only realized that the last time we had done this was in March and she's still talking about it!

Bath painting is just shaving cream mixed with food coloring and the kids use this to paint our tub.  So far we haven't had a problem with stains in the tub, although we did have some blue stains on our hands today so I think I'll try liquid watercolors next time.

In addition to the bath paints I found a recipe from Growing A Jeweled Rose called Goop and thought it would be fun to try.  It's basically just a mixture of corn starch and water (and color, if you want) but the substance it makes is insane.  It's liquid but also solid, when you try it you'll understand what I mean.  Here's our Goop after I first mixed it.


At first Bea didn't want to play with it.  She kept saying it was really sticky.




 After a few minutes they were both well into it.  We added the bath paints and they painted the walls, mixed colors, painted a few bath toys, and ended it with putting their feet into what was left of the Goop.




Once we were finished I simply turned on the water and we turned clean up into another game.  I'm definitely making Goop again soon!  I think this held their attention for almost an hour, which I think is pretty good for a 3.5 year old and a 21 month old!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment