Friday, June 1, 2012

Recent Finds

A few weekends ago our little town of South Orange had a city wide "garage sale".  There was nothing specific I was on the hunt for, but I love going to garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets, etc.  We only ended up going to a handful of homes but that's because I hit my spending limit early on.

Here are a few of our finds.


Cute Melissa & Doug abacus.  Not really sure if I'll put this in Charlie's room for a more decorative piece or leave it out in the playroom for the time being.


A huge group of Dr. Seuss books.  They were $1 each and this isn't even everything we picked up, Bea has several in her room.


Melissa & Doug ice cream set.  Bea wasn't even that into this when we were at the sale but I thought she might be soon.  It's an understatement to say that she plays with this multiple times a day.


Box of Mr., Mrs., and kiddo potato heads plus TONS of parts.



Two vintage Sesame Street books.  I love these!

And finally the "catch of the day".....



A Thomas the Train figure 8 train set and a basketful of trains as well as additional tracks, a train wash, a crane, and risers.

I had been considering a train set for Bea but wasn't really sure where to begin.  Then we came across all of this for, get ready, $40.  I knew this was a deal, but wasn't sure how much of one until last week when we were in Toys R Us and I saw that just one of these trains could run anywhere from $16-22.  I'm not even exaggerating when I say we easily have 30 of them.  The only thing we don't have is a bridge for the figure 8 set.  That's what eBay is for, right?

I think we ended up spending around $70 for all of this.  All in all, a great garage sale day!

Heather  

No comments:

Post a Comment