Monday, March 19, 2012

Grow Baby Grow

I've always wanted to try my hand at gardening.  In our Brooklyn apartment we were lucky enough to have outdoor space, however, we really didn't receive the amount of direct light needed to grow much.  I've dabbled with zucchini and tomatoes in pots and was able to fairly successfully grow herbs and lettuce in pots.

This year since we have a good size back yard and plenty of direct sunlight I'm hoping to grow a few veggies, fruits, herbs, and dare I say it, flowers.  Bea has enjoyed watering the few plants we have indoors so I thought this would be something fun we could share together.  Last weekend I picked up a seed starter kit from Home Depot and this weekend we planted our seeds.  We've chosen basil, parsley, rosemary, and chives and if all goes well I would like to branch out to other herbs.

Here are a few pictures from our planting day






In no way do I claim to have any sort of a green thumb so hopefully we'll have at least a little something to show!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment