Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beauty Must Haves



This winter has done a number on my skin.  Dry face, hands, you name it and it's cracked and peeling.  A few months ago I read somewhere that coconut oil was good for dry skin.  But since I have a new baby  (yep, I'm going to milk that as long as I can) and a toddler I didn't have the time (ie, forgot) to hunt it down.  

Then a few weeks ago I was in Trader Joe's and what did I see on the end cap but coconut oil.  At $5.99 a jar I decided to pick one up and try it out.  

The oil itself reminds me of Crisco so I just used my fingers to rub a little bit off and put it on my face and neck.  The next morning my skin looked much better, not completely void of dryness, but not as scaly as I had been.  I've been alternating using the oil with my regular lotion at night because I'm nervous that all of a sudden I'll break out , but so far so good.  It's been about 2 weeks and I only have a little dry skin left.  

Such a great buy!  Hopefully they'll continue to stock it (although at this rate my jar will last a lifetime).  

Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment