Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Me

As you might have noticed, this is a popular phrase right about now (well, New Year, New You is).  I spent the better portion of 2011 being so exhausted from my pregnancy that I didn't do much of anything.  Now that baby Charlie is here and doing well (we usually only have to get up once every night with him!) I'm going to focus a little on me and that includes a few goals I have set for myself in 2012.

Charles Robert, Born 11-12-11

1.  Start regularly contributing to this little blog I've started
   
I'm really going to make an effort to sit down everyday and write something.  I may not get around to posting it everyday but at least I'll be working on it.  I've started reading tons of blogs during middle of the night feedings and they've inspired me to work on my own.  I've been craving a creative outlet and since I no longer work in the magazine industry where I could indulge in that daily, I'm hoping this will do the trick.  Even if no one looks at it, I can organize my thoughts and "participate" in this wonderful online community.

2.  Finish Bea's room and Charlie's nursery

I've gathered tons of ideas and now it's time to pull the trigger.  Left to my own devices I would research forever and end up in the same place a year from now.  So, I'm going to make it a mission to finish their rooms in the first few months of this year.

3.  Learn to sew

This might seem like an odd one, but it's something I've wanted to do for some time now.  First step is to buy a sewing machine and then enroll in some sort of beginners class because I really know nothing.  In fact, it used to be a fear of mine that while assisting on photo shoots (when I rarely did) that I would be asked to sew a button on and I would have to confess that I had no idea how to do this.

Here's wishing you a Happy New Year and a Happy New You!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment