Friday, January 27, 2012

Sugar and Spice

A few months ago I stumbled across a blog through Pinterest called Play At Home Mom.  It's a blog devoted to play based learning and they have a TON of great ideas of things you can do with you kids or that your child can do alone.  I've been slowly assembling a list of all of the projects I want to try out with Bea and I've also been making another list of items to get for her for this type of play.

Today after her nap I decided to try out the first one.  This one was titled Sugar and Spice and basically it was allowing your child to use glue to make pictures with spices.  I chose marjoram, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves but you could really use anything.


This was the first time Bea had used glue and at first it was a little tricky for her.  Pretty soon she figured it out and then the fun began.  She literally played with this until we ran out of spices, which was about 30 minutes.  I think if I would've had more she would have definitely played longer.  She told me halfway through the project that she was "makin dada picture".  And here it is


As we start exploring other projects I'll make sure and write about each of them.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment