Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Breakfast for Bea

As I mentioned in a post last week I'm actively working on getting out of our chicken nugget, pb&j, fish stick rut for Bea.  My sister turned me on to making smoothies for her and I have to say, it's a brilliant idea.  I can "sneak" in (although since she helps me make everything it's hardly sneaking) veggies.  Here's what we had the other morning for breakfast.


This smoothie consisted of low fat vanilla yogurt, milk, frozen berries, spinach leaves, vanilla, and ground flax. I served it with toast with butter and jelly.  Bea was so excited to help me make it and ate a lot more than I had anticipated.  I'll probably try at least one version of this a week.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Smoothies aren't something I've thought of. Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete