Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Sensory Box

For awhile now I've wanted to make a sensory box for Bea.  I've seen tons of great ideas online and decided to finally do it this weekend.


I went with a Valentine's Day theme after seeing this cute image on Pinterest.  The idea came from a blog called Pink and Green Mama.  We did a lot of the same things, dyed the rice pink using gel food coloring and alcohol (although next time I will absolutely add essential oils, the alcohol smell was overwhelming) and I also ran across the heart and lip containers in the dollar spot at Target.  In addition to those things I added some foam heart stickers (which Bea didn't want anywhere near her containers), a coffee scoop for scooping rice, a set of measuring spoons that I found at the Dollar Tree, some clear "gems" I found at the Dollar Tree, and a purple Easter egg container (this one Bea found and added, guess she didn't get the memo about it being a Valentine's Day box!).

I can't even tell you how excited she was to play with this.  I had it on her table when she woke up from her nap and just let her find it.  I think within 10 seconds of coming down the stairs she had it spotted and went straight to it and started scooping.  It did take a lot of "the rice goes in the bin, not on the floor" but part of that is also my fault, I think we need a bigger bin for her.  After playing with it about 30 minutes or so she wanted to do something else so we put it away, but she asked several times over the weekend to bring it back out, which we did.

    

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment