Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Addition of One More


Since we're under 3 months until the due date of Baby No. 2 I've started to seriously think about what kind of an impact our newest addition will have on Beatrice.  I feel like I've read countless articles and heard from countless other mothers what worked for them and what didn't, but I know in the end it's going to be a big change no matter how we approach it.

Thankfully the hospital we're using this time allows siblings to visit.  I can't imagine what kind of shock it would be for me to leave for a few days and arrive home with another baby.  She would probably never want me to leave the house again!

So, as of right now our plan is to have Bea come and visit shortly after the baby is born.  The "baby" will bring her a few gifts (numerous mothers have told me this was such a good thing for them) and neither of us will be holding the baby when Bea enters the room for the first time.

She's actually really good with younger children, in fact, some friends were over this weekend with their 9 month old and she cried and cried when they left.  So I'm not too worried about that, but having another baby around 24/7 is a difference than a short visit.

Any ideas or plans that worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment