Monday, August 22, 2011

Stroller Time

I'm on the hunt for a stroller suitable for 2, my daughter Beatrice (who will be 22 months when the baby is born) and Baby No. 2.  I know this isn't a must have before the baby arrives, especially since it will be the beginning of winter so I doubt we'll be taking any long walks, however, I've been looking at strollers since we found out I was pregnant and am basically at the same point I was 28 weeks ago.  I think I've found one I like and then I read both positive and negative comments about it and am not so sure.  Also add to the fact that at the beginning of my pregnancy I was looking for a stroller suitable for the city and now we are in the suburbs, which is an entire different animal.  Our current stroller for Bea had to be almost like a car, big enough to hold a shopping trip plus all of her necessities for a trip out.  I completely bought the wrong stroller for Bea so I'm determined not to make the same mistake twice, especially considering the price of them.  I'm currently (seriously) considering the following:



Of course there are pros and cons with both, I've read a lot of people love the ones like Phil & Ted's, but I just think that Bea will hate sitting in the bottom seat and I really don't want a fight every time we need to go somewhere.  Plus, I wouldn't want to sit facing someone's bottom for an entire afternoon, so I kind of understand that.  Now, in my ideal fantasy world I would have this stroller:


But, seeing as it starts around $1500 for the double and we won't be using it in as heavy a rotation as before I'm going to have a difficult time justifying it to T.  And to myself.  We have a lot of things that the extra $700/800 it would cost could go to.  So for now I'll just have to admire it from afar.  Although I may just drop by and see it in person this week.  You know, just to add insult to injury.  

At any rate, I'd love to have opinions on double strollers that worked or what didn't!

Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment